“Sleeping with the Fishes” Overnights at the Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park
Guests will spend the night literally…sleeping with the fishes! Sleep in and among our 5 aquatic zones and thousands of fish in the galleries of the Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park. Take a special, guided tour in the evening, participate in activities and crafts, and enjoy a delicious nighttime snack. Start off your morning with a tasty continental breakfast and special keeper talk!
“Sleeping with the Fishes” overnights are available to organizational groups (i.e. scouts, schools). Private groups, families, or individuals may be interested in our special Family Overnights on select dates. All participants must be at least 7 years old. Check-in begins at 6:30 p.m. Check-out is at 10:00 a.m. the following morning.
Cost: $40/person. Zoo membership does not apply.
Scheduling Your "Sleeping with the Fishes" Overnight
Reservations are accepted on a first-come basis. Payment must be submitted with the reservation form, at least two (2) weeks in advance. We require a minimum of 10 participants per group. Overnights are not exclusive to your group and we may book multiple groups in one night. We require all participants to be pre-registered. Reservations must be finalized at least two (2) weeks in advance, however, we cannot guarantee that additional guests can be accommodated at that time. For large groups, a minimum deposit for 15 participants may be accepted at registration, although we do ask you provide an accurate estimate of your total headcount on your registration form.
Cost: $40/person.One adult chaperone per ten participants is required. Chaperones must accompany participants throughout the overnight experience, including all walks, tours, and activities. Boys and girls sleep in separate areas. Chaperones must enforce and abide by Dallas Zoo and Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park rules. Please note that chaperones are allocated as follows:
- 1-9 students – No free chaperones
- 10-19 students – One (1) free chaperone
- 20-29 students – Two (2) free chaperones, etc …
What should I bring/not bring? (For more details, check out our most Frequently Asked Questions)
- A flashlight and refillable water bottle are encouraged (please no glass bottles). We do not allow outside food or beverages (except water) on our programs.
- Please be sure to wear comfortable closed-toe shoes and weather-appropriate clothing.
- Electronic equipment, aside from cameras, is not allowed, and while we do allow adults to carry cell phones we ask that you refrain from using them unless it is an emergency.
- Smoking and alcohol consumption are not allowed during our programs. We reserve the right to search any coolers you bring into the Aquarium, and if you are found with alcohol, you may be asked to leave the program with your group, and your overnight will NOT be refunded.
- Please do not bring pets or other animals with you on your program – we have plenty for you to see!
The Dallas Zoo and Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park reserves the right to cancel any program for reasons we deem appropriate. Programs that have not met the minimum number of participants within two weeks of the scheduled program date may be cancelled. In the event that we cancel your program, a full refund will be issued and individuals will be contacted directly. If you cancel a program with the Dallas Zoo or Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park, a program credit may be issued based on circumstance. Your reservation must be finalized at least two weeks in advance. No credits or refunds will be issued for changes/cancellations made within two weeks of your scheduled program, for any amount under $20, or for no-show groups.